REU in Regenerative Medicine, Multi-Scale Bioengineering, and Systems Biology
2014 Program Dates: June 21 - August 23
**PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT currently accepting applications for Summer 2014. Please check this website periodically- if and when we receive funding to continue the program, we will begin accepting applications.
The Department of Bioengineering at the University of California, San Diego is pleased to offer a National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates (NSF-REU) program in Regenerative Medicine, Multi-Scale Bioengineering, and Systems Biology.
This exciting 9 week summer program provides undergraduate students access to state-of-the-art facilities, the opportunity to work with accomplished and experienced faculty mentors, and to participate in highly collaborative, cutting-edge research projects. In addition to the training students receive in individual research laboratories, extensive professional development opportunities will be provided through weekly workshops, an undergraduate research conference, seminars, and panel discussions.
- $4,000 stipend
- Free on-campus housing or housing allowance
- Free travel to and from the REU Site
- Hands-on research experience
- Present at the UCSD Summer Research Conference
- Opportunity to present at Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Annual Meeting
- Professional workshops & networking events
- Full-time undergraduate student
- Graduating Fall 2014 or later
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Engineering, math, or physical science background preferred
- Major components of the online application include: a personal statement, a copy of your unofficial school transcript (as a pdf), and contact information for one reference
- The person writing your letter of recommendation will be contacted via e-mail and will submit their letter online
- Once you begin an application, you can check the status of it any time by logging into this website
- Only complete applications will be reviewed